Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tannoy 15 inch Monitors Red LSU/HF/15.L

Ok, I know this is just my second post and this will most likely be the BIGGEST find of my life. Today I was able to get a pair of 15 inch Tannoy Monitors in the original cabinets. I could not believe my eyes when they were just sitting there. I have never owned any high end audio equipment and never figured that this kind of windfall would ever happen to me. Well, It happened, and now I am the temporary owner of these incredible speakers. I say "temporary owner" because this situation has been laid out to for me to turn these awesome speakers and pay back a debt before I get my legs broken LOL. Kidding no broken legs, just get me out of some bad debt and get my head above water for the first time in years. Well here goes..

I cleaned the cabinets and they are nice for being made in 1969. There are some scuffs along the the sides and some lite stains on the top. I have taken a bunch of up close pictures to show the damage. These are not bad scuffs at all. The cabinets can be lightly sanded and re-stained in a day. I would do it myself, but I do not want the potential to scuff them in transport to the new owner.


 Here they are! This is the front of the monitors. They stand almost 34 inches tall, 23 and a half inches wide, and almost 16 inches deep.




Here is a picture of the back of the cabinets.




I removed all 10 screws to show the monitors inside.





Here is a picture of the back of the monitor inside of the cabinet.


Closeup picture of the cone show a stamp 5-751/001. This is on the back of both of the cones.



On the frame of one has a stamp in the metal of 034601 . 


 The other one is stamped 042797 .



This is the crossover unit mounted inside of the cabinet.
Tannoy cross-over unit for Dual Concentric L.S. Type LSU/HF/15/L
15 ohm impedance. Made in England.


Here is a closeup picture of the label on the front of the speakers.



Here is the top of one. Notice the staining in the wood.



Here is the other one.


Here is the side pictures showing the little damage on the left side of one cabinet.


This show the little damage to the wood on the right side of the other.


Here is the bottom right front corner.


Tannoy stamped into the back of the cabinet.
Here is the link to the ebay auction. I am willing to deliver within 300 miles of my home town of Bakersfield, CA. I sure hope that these are just what you have been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment